[Enigma-devel] Cross compiling an SDL C++ project for windows using a li

From: Reece
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Cross compiling an SDL C++ project for windows using a linux build environment.
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 12:19:24 -0600

Hello Everyone!

I have recently started learning how to program in C/C++ and use the SDL library. I have been successful at creating and compiling a simple 2D test game using Ubuntu Linux. However, I have not been able to setup successful build environment for compiling on Windows 7. I have also not been able to find much in the way of how to cross compile for Windows using a Linux build environment!

I would preferable want to cross compile so that I don't have to switch between the different operating systems. I know that Enigma is built for both platforms and Enigma also uses the SDL library.
For this reason, I have come to you for help on this topic.

How do you, the Enigma Team, go about compiling Enigma for windows using Linux if this is indeed what you do?
If that is not how you get a binary for Windows, what do you do?

Any help or pointers in any direction would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you for any time you take to help answer my questions!

Reece