[Enigma-devel] glasses and it_coins

From: Mark Pulley
Subject: [Enigma-devel] glasses and it_coins
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:13:32 +1100

Is there a way to set a particular it_coin to transform into glasses with particular spotting qualities? (And if not, should this be added?)

I can use wo["ExtralifeGlasses"] for all coins, but I can't find a way to set particular coins to spot particular things. I tried using state=SPOT_HOLLOW on the coin but it didn't like it (state for coins currently defines the coin value). The main thing I want to prevent is the use of the extralife in the inventory to make the glasses, although I was planning for two coins in the level, with only one being useful for glasses. The shortcut I'm using so far is

wo["ExtralifeGlasses"] = SPOT_HOLLOW (etc)
wo["ProvideExtralifes"] = false

but I'm hoping not to give too much away by the absence of the extralives.

Mark P.
"They offered to transport me back to any point in history that I would
 care to go, and so I had them send me back to last Thursday night, so
 I could pay my phone bill on time."
 (Weird Al Yankovic, "Everything You Know Is Wrong")