[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:20:01 +0100
User-agent: Thunderbird (Windows/20090812)


Erich Schubert wrote:
Indeed 1.01 still uses tolua++ 1.0.92. The trunk patches r1653 by Andreas
> Abraham fixes the compiler warnings of 1.0.92. You should be able to apply

Ok, so there is a difference between tolua and tolua++?
Because I have tolua version 5.1.2, which indicates a completely
different naming scheme.

With Enigma 1.00 we switched from tolua (http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~celes/tolua/) to tolua++ (http://www.codenix.com/~tolua/) to be able to use a common exception handling that allows the engine to catch most errors and to provide a proper recovery.

I'm trying to build the new version with Debian lua, not the 1.01 branch.

One more update.
So using the Debian-supplied lua will apparently not work, because
that lua is built with C, not with C++. This can apparently cause all
kind of issues with longjmps on exception handling. Since Debian
currently does not include a lua copy built with C++, it seems best to
just use the enigma-included lua.

It is absolutely mandatory to use the enigma-included Lua.

With Enigma 1.00 we switched to a C++ compiled Lua and patched the standard Lua code by officialy documented hooks to use the same exception handling as within our engine. With Enigma 1.10 I added another patch based on a proposal of the Lua authors to support a versatile assertion technology.

Besides our patches Lua is known to break compatibility even between minor releases. Thus a dynamical link of such a library would be a major risk.

One of Lua's main design goals is a tiny compiler that can be integrated within every application without an essential footprint. With this paradigm the Lua authors feel free to break compatibility and to supply code patches for add ons. Of course Enigma just includes the required parts of the complete official Lua code base.

Attached is a patch that should allow the documentation location to be
configured via configure via --docdir, defaulting to the location it
currently is at.

The second patch removes a broken and useless section from the man
page (see also)

The third patch fixes two spelling errors found by Debian lintian.

Thanks, all three patches should be o.k. - I add them to my next trunk commit.



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]