Re: [Enigma-devel] Adding New Levels

From: Mark Pulley
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Adding New Levels
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:46:28 +1100

On 29/10/2009, at 9:42 AM, Simon Glass wrote:

Dear Enigma team,

I’ve downloaded David Skinner’s Sokoban puzzles (Sasquatch series) and Hexoban
puzzles in html format.

Q1 - Can I use these puzzles with Enigma?

They would need to be converted into a level format to play them. Some of his Sokobans are already in the game in the Sokoban section - you can have a look at the code for some of these levels (open the Enigma package, then Contents/Resources/data/levels/enigma_microban [or enigma_mas_microban]).

Q2 - In Engima’s documentation is says to refer to the documents
doc/README.macosx and doc/Requirements if you want to add new levels. Where do
I find these documents - are they in the source code which can be download from
the website? I use a Mac.

These files are in the source code, in this folder:

These documents refer to the requirements for building the program from the source code.
If all you want is to add new levels, just add them to the 'auto' folder:

Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Enigma/levels/auto/

these will then appear in the auto folder ('Level Pack' / 'User' / 'Auto Folder') when you next start the game.

Q3 - I don’t have any programming knowledge. If you are adding new levels
rather than creating new levels, is it a matter of converting the puzzles into
a compatible file format for Enigma? Then adding these files, plus extra files
and folders from the source code download, to Enigma? Then typing: ./configure
&& make && make install in the Enigma director? to install them into Enigma?
--
Simon Glass

Hope that helps.

Mark P. (Mac user and UNSW alumnus!)

"They offered to transport me back to any point in history that I would care to

 go, and so I had them send me back to last Thursday night, so I could pay my

 phone bill on time."

 (Weird Al Yankovic, "Everything You Know Is Wrong")