Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd Data Files

From: Malla
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Oxyd Data Files
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 08:40:42 +0200

Hi Simon,

Simon Glass wrote:
I have the original oxyd games for Mac. In your manual and on Wikipedia it says you can use the data files from these games with Enigma? Where do I put these data files do this? Also a member of the Yahoo Oxyd Group has modified the data files to skip landscapes.

If you are using Windows you can either copy the dat-files to the 'data' folder inside Enigma's installation directory (e.g. 'C:\Program Files\Enigma\data') or you can copy them to your personal directory where your scores are saved, usually something like 'C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\Enigma'.

If you are using Linux/Mac OS you can put the files either into a system-wide directory like `/usr/local/share/enigma' or `/usr/share/games/enigma' (depending on your configuration) or into your personal directory where your scores are saved, which is '/home/YouUserName/.enigma' by default.

Copy the following files to the directories mentioned above in order to emulate the games (remember that case does matter on Unix-like operating systems):

Oxyd 1     'oxyd1ibm.dat'
Per.Oxyd     'peroxyd.dat'
Oxyd Magnum    'oxydmibm.dat'
Oxyd Magnum Gold     'oxydmgg.dat'
Oxyd Extra     'oxydex.dat' (the original Oxyd Extra, not Oxyd Extra 2.0!)

I don't know if these files were included in the Mac OS versions of the games, but you can probably get them at the Yahoo Oxyd Group.

Note that the emulation is far from perfect, some features/stones/items aren't implemented. So some levels are solvable in a different way or aren't solvable at all, but a lot of levels are emulated correctly.

kind regards
Malla