[Enigma-devel] Timer-related "bugs" in Enigma 1.00 and 1.01

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Timer-related "bugs" in Enigma 1.00 and 1.01
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:20:18 +0200

first of all: We can't present an April Fool's Day joke this year,
sorry. Indeed, one of our predecessors in Enigma's development team had
already implanted a bad joke for us years ago, which we now have to get
rid of.

The problem is that at least some timings are deformed on each
April 1st. We know that rotors and tops are affected; and just as
if following the global financial crisis, the worth in seconds of
coins goes rollercoaster on April 1st.

As funny as this might have been, it's not funny when it invalidates
our scores. Remember that the time and date of your score is not saved,
and hence we can't reconstruct which scores are correct, and which are
results of these evil jokes. :-(

We are about to fix the known versions of this "bug" in the development
version. However, we would like to ask you for help to find further bugs
and to find a way to clean our scores from the wrong timings. For this,
please report all wrong timings you can find tomorrow while playing --
be it slower-than-usual or faster-than-usual rotors, tops, coinslots,
or whatever else (the difference in speed might be quite small, it still
makes a large difference in score(. Thank you for your help to find
these anomalies.

Best,
Andreas