Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma on iPhone

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma on iPhone
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 21:15:47 +0100

Ingo Klöcker schrieb:
Surely you have made your thoughts about a version for the iPhone.

I do beleive that this would be a wonderful game on the iPhone.

That's why I was quite dissapointen to not even finding a note aout
iPhone on your web site...

What are your thought about Enigma for iPhone?

My (completely non-authoritative) thoughts about this are reflected by the following blog:

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/5-reasons-to-avoid-iphone-3g

Particularly the first point:

  "iPhone completely blocks free software. Developers must pay a tax to
   Apple, who becomes the sole authority over what can and can't be on
   everyone's phones."

Nothing more to add. Except: There are versions of Enigma 0.92 for
the GP2X available here
  http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,25,1729
and the similar game "Mulg" for Palms here:
  http://www.harbaum.org/till/palm/mulg/

Best,
Andreas