Re: [Enigma-devel] Engima Bugs

From: Raoul
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Engima Bugs
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 01:42:11 +0100

Hi,

>>> 2. When posting an item with st_mail (with or without pipes), the
>>> item is deposited at the end of the pipes, even if there is a stone
>>> there. What I was thinking was that if the item was an it_key and
>>> the stone was the appropriate st_key for the it_key, then the key
>>> should unlock the stone rather than being deposited underneath the
>>> stone. Would this be tricky to program?
>>
>> A nice idea! Should also work with coins and coinlots.
>> We surely need to think about this.
>
> It is feasible to code and I think it is a valuable additional
> application pattern for pipes and the mail stone. I guess we should
> add this feature to the key, the coin and the floppy item.

Oh sure, I forgot about the floppy.

For keys, there is one question: What should happen, if
there is a keyholestone, but the key sent through the pipes
has a wrong keycode? There are at least 2 possible solutions:

* Key is not sent through the pipes, actor will keep it.

* Key is sent and instead will be dropped under the stone.

I would prefer the first one.

Greetings, Raoul