Re: [Enigma-devel] virus

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] virus
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:01:11 +0100

Hi,

Please give us more information:
 - On which system are you working? Windows, I assume?
 - Which browser did you use?
 - From where and which Enigma version/file did you download?
 - Did you run/open the file?
    - If yes, what exactly happened?

My current conjecture is as follows:
I assume you're using Windows, and did not yet run/open the
file you downloaded. Then it's very impropable to be a virus.
I think more about the following scenario: Your download stopped
due to anything, the installation file however is still
considered "open" by Windows, i.e. Windows thinks the file is
still in use, and prevents all attempts to delete it.
I once had this problem on another computer as well, and up to
today I wasn't able to solve it. However, this particular problem
would not be due to Enigma, and not caused by a virus, but a bug
in Windows or the file-system of your hard disk (was FAT32, if I
remember correctly).

Best greets,
Andreas

E. Peaslee schrieb:
didn't download all the way and i can't delete the game fron my computer. it.s causing my machine a lot of problems and lock-ups . please tell me how to delete the game. thank you
address@hidden