Re: [Enigma-devel] Error Home directory does not exist.

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Error Home directory does not exist.
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:52:39 +0100

Hi Andrew,

yet another possibility: Disc D (or some quota) is full.
As Enigma was probably installed to C, you might
not've noticed it.

Best,
Andreas

Ronald Lamprecht schrieb:
Hi Andrew,

Andreas Lochmann wrote:
However, when there's a problem with the $HOME-variable,
Ronald might know how to handle this?

As your environment variable "HOME" is set to "d:/home" and this folder does exist your problem may arise due to restricted access rights to this folder.

When the above environment variable is set, Enigma will use this folder and needs the ability to create subfolders and to store files.

If the problem remains you can still experiment to start Enigma without this variable being set. This would cause the Enigma to store the files and folders at the operating system default location.

Greets,

Ronald

Best greets,
Andreas

Andrew Larned schrieb:
I get an error (Error Home directory does not exist.) when starting Enigma
version 1.01 and 1.00. When I ran it in version 0.92 it worked fine.

   - What operating system are you using?
      - Windows XP
      - Which Enigma version are you using?
      - 1.01 and 1.00 fail, 0.92 works
      - What did you do when the bug happened?
- I started Enigma (both from the shortcut on the start menu and from
      the enigma.exe in the program folder)
      - What exactly did you see then?
      - An enigma process started (shown in the Task Manager), then
vanished, and a file (stderr.txt) showed up in the program folder. The
      contents of that file were: Error Home directory does not exist.
      - Is the problem ongoing or reproduceable?
      - Yes, both.

I've looked for a preferences folder in my c:/documents and
settings/username/application data/enigma folder, but that folder is not
created. I do have an environment variable set (HOME) and have found a
preferences folder where that points (d:/home). It seems likely that part of the enigma exe is not referencing the HOME environment variable, and part of
it is.

Thanks
Andrew