Re: [Enigma-devel] Error Home directory does not exist.

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Error Home directory does not exist.
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:22:23 +0100

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your bug report, let's see what we can do ...
- I assume you are using an English version of Windows?
- Which of the installation programmes did you use? Here:
    http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html
  you'll find in particular a "Full Installer" and a "Minimum
  Zip". I assume you used one of the installers. Perhaps you
  didn't have the rights to install the software completely
  (Win XP Prof?), without getting an error message -
  then try the "Minimum Zip" instead, or vice versa.

However, when there's a problem with the $HOME-variable,
Ronald might know how to handle this?

Best greets,
Andreas

Andrew Larned schrieb:
I get an error (Error Home directory does not exist.) when starting Enigma
version 1.01 and 1.00. When I ran it in version 0.92 it worked fine.

   - What operating system are you using?
      - Windows XP
      - Which Enigma version are you using?
      - 1.01 and 1.00 fail, 0.92 works
      - What did you do when the bug happened?
      - I started Enigma (both from the shortcut on the start menu and from
      the enigma.exe in the program folder)
      - What exactly did you see then?
      - An enigma process started (shown in the Task Manager), then
      vanished, and a file (stderr.txt) showed up in the program folder. The
      contents of that file were: Error Home directory does not exist.
      - Is the problem ongoing or reproduceable?
      - Yes, both.

I've looked for a preferences folder in my c:/documents and
settings/username/application data/enigma folder, but that folder is not
created. I do have an environment variable set (HOME) and have found a
preferences folder where that points (d:/home). It seems likely that part of
the enigma exe is not referencing the HOME environment variable, and part of
it is.

Thanks
Andrew