[Enigma-devel] New API Milestone 2 Revision 1361

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] New API Milestone 2 Revision 1361
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2008 14:03:02 +0200

We reached milestone 2 of the upcoming 1.10 release! It is revision 1361 on our development svn trunk! Again it is a snapshot for level authors.

We did address mainly complex object reengineering:

oneway, shogun, door, pull, swap, volcano, brake, fart, mail, pipe, meditation, bridge, puzzle, stoneimpulse, disco

Read the refman for new features like wire support. Have a look at the new puzzle library version and other new libraries like libmap, liblua,...

The demo levels discussed in the refman are added to the "Development" levelpack group. Further pure new API feature test levels can be downloaded at:

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/team_test_new_api.zip

I uploaded a Windows compilation:

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-w32-1.1-r1361.zip

and a universal Mac OS X compilation (thanks to Sidney):

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-1.1-r1361-OSX.dmg

Please note that it just a development snapshot! Some existing levels
may not run properly. Please report any problems.

Some final notes:
- read the updated reference manual
- have a look at the test levels
- have a look at the source code of the last added levels
  most of them are already written in the new API
- be aware that all objects and many attributes and message have
  been renamed. The renaming is still in progress, thus you will
  note a mixture of old and new names.

Please drop a note if you like to give us a helping hand in finishing 1.10.

Greets,

Ronald