Re: [Enigma-devel] unexpected behaviour of turnstile and lasers

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] unexpected behaviour of turnstile and lasers
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 16:57:25 +0200

Johannes Huesing wrote:
Hi all,
in the following situation:
3 +e where the plus sign is a turnstile with an arm pointing eastwards and the
3 is a laser firing eastwards, when I push the turnstile arm from below I
lose a life, but I can safely pass the turnstile with a second life because
now the turnstile arm blocks the laser.

This behaviour is not quite intuitive to me. If the laser light is blocked it should be from the first moment. After all, the ball does not enter the beam before the turnstyle does.

You must be speaking of Enigma 1.01 - the laser "item" at the north-east edge was not removed on turnstile rotations and the marble did shatter on the remaining laser beam item.

Are there any levels that depend on this behaviour? Otherwise I would not
mind if the turnstyle would block a laser's path from the first instance.

This is clearly a bug of all Enigma releases up to 1.01. I did correct this misfeature while reengineering the laser beam this spring.

As a level author you may want to check and perhaps start using the last milestone release of 1.10:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/enigma-devel/2008-07/msg00016.html

and

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/enigma-devel/2008-08/msg00007.html

Greets,