Re: [Enigma-devel] Boogies found in Enigma 1.10 revision 1244

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Boogies found in Enigma 1.10 revision 1244
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:11:04 +0200

Hi Alexandros,

Alexandros Tasos schrieb:
Here are some levels that do not work properly with enigma 1.10:

   1. Tutorial - #64 - Chess Stones: Triggering any trigger on the second
   room causes an error.

Yes, this bug is known (a change in autonaming),
and going to be repaired.

   2. In level Enigma VIII - #7 - Enigmines, after rolling on all squares
   and hitting the switch on the right room, after 10 seconds, Enigma stops
   responding.

This one is new - I was able to repeat the bug
using god-mode.

Explanation: Variable "score" counts the number of
yet uncovered free tiles, down to zero. On zero, the
oxyd stones are created. The hint-mechanism uses the
score to check whether there are still unopened free
tiles, before choosing one of them.

However, after stepping on a mine, you can still
uncover free tiles (removing its trigger this way),
but the score isn't updated anymore (to prevent oxyd
creation). You see this on the bars on the left and
right side.

The hint mechanism now thinks "Oh, there're still
some free tiles!", chooses one per random, tries
to access the trigger on the tile - and accesses
nil, as the trigger has been removed long ago.

Okay, if noone else volunteers, I will fix this.

Alexandros, thanks for testing :-)

Best greets,
Andreas