Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma: Problem with screensaver

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma: Problem with screensaver
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:37:56 +0200

Hi David,

thank you for playing Enigma :-)

The screen saver bug is known, we even have a FAQ-entry here:
  http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/faq.html#s2q1
If you don't want to or can't switch off your screen saver,
you could try to switch from fullscreen mode to window mode
or vice versa in the options menu. This often helps.
(Maybe you have to adjust the screen resolution in the options
menu as well. Oh, and sometimes you can use ALT + mouse movement
to reposition the window if neccessary.)

@Ronald: Btw, have we fixed this in trunk already?
(Can we fix this at all, or is it an SDL-problem?
Shall I update the FAQ?)

Best greets,
Andreas

Deivi San schrieb:
Dear developpers of one of the best games I've ever played.

Whenever I am playing enigma, the screen saver gets activated anormally when I
am actually playing. In these cases the screen starts to fade and the menu with
options appears. Then, I need to select continue level. This behavior is
specially unpleasant in levels where mouse motion is a must because, when the
level continues, the initial arbitrary movements usually crack the ball.

Thank you for the wonderful piece of sw you are developing.
The data of my operating system is as follows:
OS: Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop: Gnome Version 2.22.2
Enigma:         1.01-2ubuntu1
gnome-screensaver 2.22.2

However, i've also seen this behavior in previous ubuntu releases.

In case you need any other info, don't doubt to ask for it.
Thank you

David

______________________________________________ Enviado desde Correo Yahoo! La bandeja de entrada más inteligente.