Re: [Enigma-devel] State of Maemo port

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] State of Maemo port
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 23:42:56 +0200

Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:
Am Sonntag 01 Juni 2008 schrieb Andreas Lochmann:
Can you give me more information: Please use enigma --log
and write me where the crash happens, and the exact error
message (though it probably will be quite meaningless) if
possible. I assume there's no ddd or other debugger for
arm to create a backtrace for us ... ?
I haven't tried to use a debugger on maemo, but i am pretty sure
there's some way to do so.

I'll investigate this further. What i found out last time i checked was that the there's a core dump _inside_ SDL_InitSubSystem(SDL_INIT_AUDIO). So the crash happens inside libsdl which may a) be very hard to find the reason and b) may be the result of other enigma parts doing
some bad things with libsdls memory or the like ...

Which SDL version do you use? Did you upgrade SDL? The only change on Enigma side is the need of OGG support, but that should not be relevant to the audio subsystem init.

BTW I have problems with SDL 1.2.12, 1.2.13 on Windows - any initial set of Gamma results in an SDL internal crash. Any hints? Otherwise we have to stick to SDL 1.2.11 as the SDL authors do not even answer a crash bug report.

Greets,

Ronald