Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance

From: Pipeline
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:50:50 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ronald Lamprecht" <address@hidden> Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance

r1050 contains the performance tuning in a preliminary not cleaned up way. But it should redraw only modified beams and I expect no further speedup with later revisions.

Could a Maemo user please check the behaviour of r1050 with "Magic Triangle"

The performance gains from this patch are significant :) I would say the level varies between 35-50 fps... hard to pin down average but i'd stay it stays mostly in the 40s fps range. Over 1000% improvement :)

I would say the level is similar in playability to desktop version, as i was able to barely make it to bottom and see next screen before dying... but thats farther than i got testing the level on desktop :)

Let me know if you want to optimize any other items. I hate to waste algorithm magic so I could probably come up with a few examples :) Are there any improvements possible with rotors? I suppose The Aztec Temple (E VI:100) runs slowly (2fps) because of the 4 rotors?

Thanks again, the game keeps getting better and regardless of remaining unplayable levels, I already many new playable ones in 1.02 pack :)

Dave-