Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 21:57:05 +0100

Hi,

Hammer, sword and magic wand need to be set into the
first position to work correctly: They are not activated,
but "passive" in some way. Similarly it-bag.

Greets,
Andreas

Till Harbaum / Lists schrieb:
Regarding the touchscreen use: Wouldn't it make sense to allow touching of the collected items on screen? This isn't useful with the mouse as a visible mouse cursor is impossible.

But the touchscreen doesn't need a visual representation (i indeed disable the mouse graphics in the maemo port) and the touchscreen would just work fine in the lower area of the screen. Any objectives? I would then even remove all "rotate item" calls as they aren't needed?

Or is there some kind of level that makes funny use of the fact that you have to sort/rotate the items before use? And the possibility to directly touch the items would spoil the fun? Some new functionality would be required for this as currently an item cannot be picked from other than the first position.

Is there any reason not to do such a change? I think it would make this part more intuitive than it's now.

Till