Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance

From: Clarence \"Sparr\" Risher
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets - Performance
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 23:10:25 -0600

I don't know if the maemo devices have floating point units...  If
they don't, as the GP2X doesn't, I would suggest compiling with all
doubles re-typed as floats.  When I did that for the GP2X I saw a 2-3x
speed increase, due to less heavy software-floating-point code, on
physics-heavy levels, especially meditation levels.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Pipeline <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Alot of physics intensive levels also remain playable in 6-40fps range
>  depending on collisions, triggers, bands, etc.  Let me know if there are any
>  other levels you want me to check (or recheck :) since the remainder of
>  examples i have found so far are 'combinations' of factors and/or are still
>  fairly playable.

(sorry for the double email Pipeline)