Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets

From: Till Harbaum / Lists
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Maemo Port for Nokia Internet Tablets
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:30:33 +0100

just to get you some numbers: The device has 256MB of main flash memory of
which 100 are occupied at delivery.  The remaining mem is (pipeline sais its
compressed) used for user installed applications and data. The n800 comes
with an empty internal sd card slot which nearly all users fill with a decent
card, at least the 128MB card included with the n800. The n810 has no
physical internal slot but a hard wired internal 2GB card.

So memory isn't immediately a problem, but moving stuff to the internal memory
card may especially help users who install lots of applications.

I don't think we should remove sounds or levels packs (besides the development
one of course, which is part of my package). And the thumbnails: They are
useful and i wouldn't want to remove them. Caliculating them on the fly is
rather slow on the arm cpu. So removing their caches will be quite annoying.

I already have removed the entire doc tree (which reminds me to check if
there's stuff that must be installed like e.g. licenses).

Till