Re: [Enigma-devel] Crossbuilding the windows version

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Crossbuilding the windows version
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 09:59:48 +0100

Till Harbaum wrote:
i am searching for some hints on how to cross compile enigma. The readme just sais "build libsdl_mixer with mingw". I have managed to compile and install libsdl with "./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc". But i don't manage to configure e.g. libsdl_mixer. The thing is that the configure script for this when being called with:
./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc
--with-sdl-prefix=/usr/local/cross-tools/i386-mingw32
does not figure out that it's cross compiling and thus tries to build and _run_ test programs for libsdl usage. This of course fails.

Anyone here with a little hint? I am doing this under ubuntu-7.10 ...

There is no need to bother with the libsdl stuff.

You find the necessary steps in Enigma in doc/README.mingw32. Read section 4 additional notes. All steps for a cross and native compilation should be explained. I recommend to stick to the described versions as none of the current SDL releases works for Windows! They all crash on the first default set of gamma somewhere deep within the SDL lib.

Greets,

Ronald