Re: [Enigma-devel] New level Oxyd #41 and question about st-disco

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] New level Oxyd #41 and question about st-disco
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:55:09 +0100

Hi Ulf,

Ulf Stegemann schrieb:
attached you'll find a new level for Enigma which re-creates the
original Oxyd #41 level.
Thanks. :-)

The level is some sort of leftover of some experiments with st-disco
(nevertheless, it works and comes pretty close to the original). I'm
thinking of using st-disco in some other level but encountered problems
while using it in Oxyd #41. BTW, I haven't seen st-disco in any released
level (apart from the "all stones" experimental).

Anyway, the attached level shows (commented) how I thought st-disco
would work but it behaves not as I expected and I wonder if that's a bug
or not. In short, I was not able to lighten (darken) st-disco after it
has been darkened (lightened) once, it simply stayed as it was after the
first darkening (lightening). Maybe I got something completely wrong but
I though I could send the message "darken" and/or "lighten" to any
st-disco, no matter which brightness it currently has and how many times
it already changed. Any "enlightenment" on that subject is very much
appreciated ;)
I'm not sure why your first approach didn't work,
perhaps using the same name for multiple objects
(doesn't work in old api)?

However, we plan to replace st-disco by some more
convenient method of lighting and darkening, which
e.g. allows the use of stones (you can't push st-wood
through st-disco!). There's no priority to this, so it
won't get into 1.1, but the plans are there. Hence,
st-disco becomes deprecated ... getting rid of st-disco
is particularly easy as long as no Enigma level uses it.

Greets,
Andreas