Re: [Enigma-devel] seg fault on Enigma III #4 (map it out)

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] seg fault on Enigma III #4 (map it out)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 20:09:13 +0200

Hi Michael,

thank you for your bug report.

Michael Thomas wrote:

I get a reproducible segmentation fault on Enigma III level 3 "Map it
Out".   I'm running Enigma enigma-1.01 on 64-bit Fedora 7.

To reproduce the problem was easy:  I start that particular level, then
just keep moving left at a quick pace.  At about the 3rd teleporter, the
game crashes.  A backgrace from the crash is below.

Sorry for the delay. I wasn't able to reproduce your bug, and as
noone else answered, I guess noone else was, too.

"Map It Out" was buggy in Enigma 1.00, with a segfault after
some unpredictable number of rooms. Can it be that you still
use an old version of the level or version 1.00 instead of 1.01?
When using Linux, you might have compiled Enigma via "make"
but forgot to install with "make install" as root? You can see the
version of Enigma in the lower left corner of the main menu.
Please also right-click on "Map It Out" to enter the level inspector
and make sure that its "Revision" is "2".

Greets,
Andreas