Re: [Enigma-devel] use of external enet package

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] use of external enet package
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:21:06 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Klaus Heinz" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:25 AM
Subject: [Enigma-devel] use of external enet package

Hi,

I am working on a package for enigma 1.0.1 and noticed that the
installation includes files from the enet directory. Unfortunately this
clashes with a separately installed enet package.
Is it possible (from an API point of view) to use the already installed
enet package (1.0 or 1.1) for enigma?
If yes, would you accept patches for this? If not, would you accept
patches to disable the installation of said files?

I'm pretty sure that the team will accept patches for that assuming they are well written, and properly optional,
(generally via a configure option.)

I do not know about the feasibilty of using the external package. Somebody else will need to comment on that. However, if it is feasible, a mechanism not unlike the libintl mechanism (--with-included-gettext) defaulting to using the external package (if one exists) seems like the proper way.