[Enigma-devel] Mac performance problems on some levels

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Mac performance problems on some levels
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 23:33:19 +0200

Hi Sidney,

After finishing 1.01 without any urgent error reports being posted I would like to address some remaining tasks. We did receive several reports concerning serious performance problems with a few levels that seem to be Mac specific.

The most common level is "Bright Dots" (Enigma III#38). Please read

http://www.mag-heut.net/blackball/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=703

Taztunes did report the same problem for "Deserted Island":

http://www.mag-heut.net/blackball/index.php?act=ST&f=14&t=775

It is very likly that the problem is related to the number of actors. We already made a lot of preformace tuning on the 1.1 trunk version of Enigma. We did even improve 1.01 a little bit.

Could you please verify the problems on 1.00, check if the problem still occurs on 1.01 and make the same test with the current trunk version.

Depending on your results we would provide you with modified versions of the levels above to find the reasons.

Thanks,

Ronald