Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Mac OS X fixes for 1.01

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Mac OS X fixes for 1.01
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 00:29:33 +0200

Sidney Markowitz wrote:
Looking at the Apple developer docs the correct place for the Enigma user data should be:

"~/Library/Application Support/Enigma"

There are a number of problems. The %s strings in the statement above
get replaced with the expanded ~/.enigma, not with ~/Library/... because
of what appears to me to be extra lines in main.cc, lines 595-599

#ifdef MACOSX
    if (prefs->getBool("MacUpdate1.00") == false) {
        userStdPath = userStdPathMac1_00;
    }
#endif

You are right. These lines should be deleted.

I would insert cd ~/ && before the rm -rf in that command line. I didn't
se an error specifically from it, but I have had strange side effects at
times in MacOS X when deleting the current directory. It can't hurt to
be careful about it.

I added "cd ~ && " to the string.

Once I take care of those two things, there are still problems that I
don't have time to track down right now. I'll list them in case that's
enough for you to go on:

Looking at Options after starting up agaib anfter the migration, the new
user path remains ~/.enigma, with only Image Path changing to the new
directory.

If I run Enigma 1.00 after the migration like you asked me to try,
Option shows both being ~/.enigma.

If I delete ~/.enigmarc.xml, ~/.enigma,
and ~/Library/Application Support/Enigma, then run Enigma 1.0.1, it
still asks if I want to move the options from ~/.enigma.

Thanks - I hope I found the reason for all this misbehaviour in two minor bugs. I added all changes in revision 750

I won't get a chance to get back to this for perhaps 24 hours.

Awaiting your reports on the fixes.

Thanks

Ronald