[Enigma-devel] RE: Enigma Translation PO update

From: Iceshark7
Subject: [Enigma-devel] RE: Enigma Translation PO update
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:59:29 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronald Lamprecht [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:45 PM
To: Mikke
Subject: Enigma Translation PO update

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in updating the po files. Please find attached the
current version that contains all your translations, some corrected
English strings and a few new texts originating from new levels. Please
continue your work on this version.

We would be glad if you succeed in updating and/or continuing your
translations. As we think about a bugfix and level addition release 1.01
in April we would be glad to see updated translations till Easter (8th
April).

Thanks for your contribution

Ronald

-----

Hello Ronald,

The delay is ok, as I seemed to have a delay to process a new fi.po file
too. Thought I couldn't have enough time to make a revision, but despite my
thoughts, I've made a lot of changes and the fi.po file has been
successfully revised.

I cannot guarantee if I can work on this in the future, I have a lot of
things to do and this was merely just a short time contribution to a great
game I've found. But I can always try to, and I will definitely help the
Enigma project when I have too much time.

I also found some issues from the translation .pot file, I'm not a native
English-speaking person but I'm pretty sure these are wrongly written:

#: src/gui/LevelPackConfig.cc:297
msgid "Please reasign levelpack to another group for group deletion"

#  level: "Per.Oxyd 27"
#  author: "Ulf Stegemann" email "address@hidden"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:2804
msgid "If you think that's to easy, try \"Difficulty: Normal\"."

#  level: "Per.Oxyd 27"
#  author: "Ulf Stegemann" email "address@hidden"
#: po/level_i18n.cc:2806
msgid "If you think that's to hard, try \"Difficulty: Easy\"."

On the first line, msgid should be "reassign". (Outlook tends to correct the
"levelpack" into "level pack", could this be an issue too?)
The second and third lines, should be "too" instead of "to".

I hope this upgraded translation will make to the 1.01 version. I was
wondering if the Enigma project is still active, as the mailing list has
been quite quiet lately.

I've sent a copy to address@hidden too, which I think it doesn't
matter.

Thank you, and cheers,