Re: [Enigma-devel] A bug in Enigma 1.00 Mas Microball level #49 (no, rea

From: bojster
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] A bug in Enigma 1.00 Mas Microball level #49 (no, really!)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 19:58:15 +0100

Andreas Lochmann wrote:

>The level-check now comes to the conclusion:
> "There are four st-swap arranged in a square!", changing all of
> them into st-death.

Yes, this was my first thought, too. I'm glad you confirmed it.
Today I experienced this behaviour in other sokoban levels with
swab-blocks, but it still only happened at the beginning.

> However, the st-swaps inmid animation aren't
> allowed to be replaced (otherwise Enigma would crash here!),
> and so only two st-swaps change into st-death.

That explains why the third stone stayed a swap-block, about which
I was also wondering.

> If this analysis is correct, it means that there is no other chance
> than to switch off the level-checking for st-swap-sokobans in
> ralf_sokoban.

It would be a shame if it was really the only option. It would be good
to keep the same behaviour (dead-end blocks turning into skull-stones)
throughout all sokoban levels. Maybe it's possible to always run
a double-check (so if the function discovers dead-end swap-blocks, it
checks again a few ms later - it should eliminate such situations, but
I have no idea if it's at all possible to code it). Also I'm wondering
why it also happens in the beginning - it never happened to me later in
the game (luckily!). If it's the case, maybe the solution would be to
postpone the first check for 2 or 3 seconds after the game starts?

These are just my suggestions, unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to
look in the code and seek the solution there - so I don't know if they
are possible to apply.

Regards,
bojster