Re: [Enigma-devel] Two new levels - Chessoban

From: Johannes Laire
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Two new levels - Chessoban
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 12:12:48 +0200

Hi,

On 12/15/06, Ronald Lamprecht <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Johannes Laire wrote:
> Here are my first two levels for Enigma. There shouldn't be any bugs
> or shortcuts, but if you find some please tell me so I can fix them.

Two very nice levels. I am fond of "Knights & Boxes" - even though I am
no friend of 5 min pushing boxes on fl-metal. I figured out the solution
but succeeded two times to bounce back into the water on one of the last
pushes :-(.

I don't like it, either... But, you know, the water has to be there.
;-) At first the level was a lot harder, I tried for 2 hours but
wasn't dexterious/patient enough to solve it. Then I redesigned the
second room and made it a little easier, it took me only a few tries
to solve it... :-)

BTW we did call the "horse" stone "st-chess" because a knight is already
existing in Enigma. Thus the level title might be a little bit misleading.

Hmm, you are right. I just immediately thought it's a knight because
I'm a chess player...

We thought of creating a bunch of Sokoban like levels with st-chess and
and Andreas suggested calling them "Chessoban". I am wondering how long
it will take that the Sokoban games will emulate this Enigma feature.

I had that idea, too, and created a few levels. Chessoban is much
harder and more interesting than Sokoban IMHO. Even with just one
st-chess, it can be hard for a beginner, and two of them can make
things really complicated.

Here are two nice examples:
N = st-chess
o = marble