Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Levelbug

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Levelbug
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:06:23 +0100

Malla wrote:
Well, the player should use the pullers to get the turnstiles in the correct direction. It shouldn't be possible to turn the turnstile by wasting an extralife, so the level restarts if the player tries to "cheat". On the other hand, the level isn't done in a few minutes, so it's a bad idea to set ConserveLevel to FALSE at the beginning. I don't want anyone to play this level for 10 or 20 minutes and then restarting the level just because the player kills his marble accidentally. That would be really frustrating.

O.k.

Because of some changes in the ConserveLevel handling in 1.0, it does
not work like in 0.92.
So probable it does not work like you wanted it to work.

So it isn't possible to get the 0.92-behaviour?

No - the old behaviour was a bug (an unfinished implementation).

BTW you should never switch level modes within the game. We will likely throw an error on such attempts in future.

But your intention to stop the white marble from turning the turnstile in this direction is of course o.k.. What about setting a st-rock5 3 positions left from the it-sensor in the callback function? This would eliminate the shortcut. The user would have a visible feedback and we would avoid bug reports that we would get otherwise independent from a not resurrected marble or a level restart callback action.

- Ronald