Re: [Enigma-devel] Compiling

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Compiling
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:13:06 +0200

On 12/9/06, Space Man <address@hidden> wrote:
How do I compile Enigma for Ubuntu Linux?

I've done that recently with Ubuntu Dapper (6.06):

First download enigma-1.00-beta.tar.gz from
http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html

Then go to the directory where you placed that file and execute these commands:

sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libsdl-image1.2-dev
sudo apt-get install libsdl-mixer1.2-dev
sudo apt-get install libsdl-ttf2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libxerces26-dev
tar xvzf enigma-1.00-beta.tar.gz
cd enigma-1.00-beta
./configure --prefix=/opt/enigma
make
sudo make install
cd ..
rm -rf enigma-1.00-beta

Then start enigma with command /opt/enigma/bin/enigma

NOTE: This installs enigma to /opt/enigma so it's easy to remove if
you someday want to remove it and install newer version later.

--
Markus Laire