Re: [Enigma-devel] Number of People

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Number of People
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 00:40:03 +0100

Jacob Scott wrote:
(@Ronald?) Now that the deadline for the scores has passed, I was just
wondering how many submissions of scores there were, as a rough
estimate of the number of people who play Enigma regularly (and check
the website often).

For sure this number is not related to the regular Enigma users. A beta release that only got announced on the developers maillist and a period of 10 days is geared to a few test users.

The number of score files is just 9 - but neither Andreas nor Daniel did sent theirs. On the other hand we had over 3000 downloads of beta within 24 hours. Without a mailing to the announce list this was very suprising to me. For reliable numbers we have to wait one or two months. The final release and Christmas time will generate a lot more regulary users.

But even the current small number of scores gives a first interesting impression and will make many users keen on sending in their scores.

- Ronald