Re: [Enigma-devel] Portability issues with score files

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Portability issues with score files
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 22:06:28 +0100

Daniel Heck wrote:
The size specification element "l" (L) should mean an integer or
unsigned due to my docs. But it must be wrong in case of AMD64. Does
anybody knows how scanf is implemented for 64 bit architectures?

According to this

http://www.opengroup.org/pubs/online/7908799/xsh/fscanf.html

"l" means "unsigned long", which is a 64 bit quantity on AMD64 (whereas
"unsigned int" remains 32 bit afaik). "%4x" should work though.

That looks too dangerous to me - I wrote a stream based workaround. Aaron just confirmed that it eliminates all problems concerning amd64. I will commit it immediatly.

Ronald