Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Thief stone

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Thief stone
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:58:01 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Lochmann"

Oh, I think you misunderstood us: Enigma is running flawlessly,
but the Microsoft(c) Image(c) Previewer(c) is buggy (or incomplete).
Some other picture viewers, too; I think Irfan View has the same
problem...
Just try to open thief-template or some of the new shadows (sh-pull?)
under Windows(c).

Well actually it would affect any application that uses Window's PNG renderer.

Running optipng over the images fixes the problem and reduces the filesize.

IIRC, running pngcrush on images has historically been standard procedure.
it turn out that optipng was not able to shrink most of the older images, so that
does seem to be the case.