Re: [Enigma-devel] Hungarian translation for Enigma

From: Tacvek
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Hungarian translation for Enigma
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:51:37 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Juhasz Mate Lehel" <address@hidden>

Dear developers!

I have played with your software Enigma and I liked it.
For the sole purpose of my personal pleasure
I tried to translate Enigma into Hungarian,
and after much thinking I decided to send it
to year team.

Note, this is not the same message as you mentioned in your second mail.

However, as I am unexperienced in giving code, even if
only translation, I still find it uneasy to do this correctly.
I am not sure whether the copyright holder of this file should
be me or the FSF (preferably to the former).

Enigma is not part of the GNU project, so assigning copyright to the FSF would not in any way be helpful.
It is no problem to have the coipyright holder remain as you.

Also I included a slightly modified
version of the capitalized part of the license of X11,
(changed "software" to "file") which might be unneeded,
as it shall be licensed under the GPL.

Yeah rhat is unneeded. Either that or the line that says: "# This file is distributed under the same license as the Enigma package." should be dropped.

The file on my system was encoded in UTF-8 format
with Windows style line terminators (CR+LF). The
style of the language is very polite (like Sie/Vous instead of du/tu)
and is shortened where space is sparse. Also
I take no responsability for the quality of the translation.
I didn't understand some of the contexts where the
text should be applied.

Where possible we try to make that clear with comments that are automatically extracted and added to the .pot file. If possible could you point out which lines have unclear context, so that we can add additional such comments as needed?

I hope that I have sent this message to the right place
and you will be able to make good use of my translation.
I would appriciate a reply concerning my success in
giving this file to you.

Yes. We should be able to use this file. As with all translations, It is helpfull if you send updates and corrections in the future. Future versions of Enigma will allow translation of the level files (for example) and other things will change some. So if You can provide such updates from time to time, it would be appricated, but you are not obligated to do so (of course).