Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma universal build

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma universal build
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:47:38 +0200

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Fortmann wrote:
I commited the patch with r150.

Additionally I moved the Mac OS X system location detection code from
main.cc to ecl_sys_localename.cc. Could you please check and test this
change.

Won't work:
- it still uses string, even though that's not included. Well, that's
no problem, but
- it allocates a string on the stack, then returns a pointer to its
c_str(). I'm pretty sure that means instant death. Personally, I'd
revise the whole function to return an std::string; however, since my
build system seems hosed just now, I won't get to do that

You are right. I first moved the Mac code to

std::string ecl::DefaultMessageLocale ()

where we have no problem with the return value. Then I decided to drop
one of the two methods and moved the Mac code to

const char * sys_message_locale_name ()

After a break I forgot to drop DefaultMessageLocale() and to adjust the
return value of  sys_message_locale_name(). The fix will follow with my
next patch.

We will still need the fix of the includes.

BTW you wrote:
- I had a problem with running texi2html. Mine chokes on -output=.
which causes the build to fail

Your patch causes the output to be put in a subdirectory. This causes a minor incompatibility with the current install/distribution procedures for Linux and Windows. Thus I would first like to ask you to check your texi2html and to analyse the reasons for the failure. Version 1.76 is required and should work. I will temporarily revert this single patch until we know the reasons of your problem.

(for the next week, since I've got my exams and have to learn)...

Take your time with the fixes.

- Ronald