Re: [Enigma-devel] Changes Between 0.81 And 0.92

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Changes Between 0.81 And 0.92
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:52:05 +0100

Tacvek wrote:
From: "Andreas Lochmann" <address@hidden>

Hi Tarim,

thank you a lot for your detailed bug report, some of
your bugs have been noticed already, but by far not all:

1) Fire Extinguishers: Can no longer specify {load=x} where x is greater than 2. (Actually loads up to 6 work - but show the wrong icons). This makes Enigma 2 #51, Easily Inflammable (martin95) impossible.

I've beaten this level before without using the fire extinguisher at all. I just tried the level, and by luck the fire failed to burn the upperleft portion of the wodden platforms. That said Tarim was reporting that the .lua file says there should be 10 uses, and
what 0.92 allows is not 10.

I didn't notice that there is an extinguisher at all. You really have no
need for it - the level is really solvable without it.

But Tarim is right concerning the "load" attribute with values greater
2. It results in an array access beyound boundaries - poor luck that it
does not crash. I will add boundary checks in the repository trunk version.

Nevertheless the load attribute is unnecessary in 0.92. Usage of
"it-extinguisher_empty", "it-extinguisher_medium", "it-extinguisher" is
preferable - the load attribute will be set to the correct values
automatically.

Martin or Raoul please change level martin95.lua.

Thanks Ronald