Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems with Enigma

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Problems with Enigma
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 00:40:34 +0200

Dottie,

sorry for not replying sooner.

> We just downloaded Enigma (from download.com) last night and we love
> the game, but then we changed it to a minimized screen and it wouldn't
> open again after we shut down the computer to have dinner.  It opens
> the window and you can here the music, but the cursor goes behind the
> window and nothing ever came up in the square.  We uninstalled and
> installed again and we have it back, but we can only use 256 K on the
> resolution and we seem to have a black mouse trail everywhere the
> mouse goes now.  It blocks out that part of the picture and stays
> black.  We checked the mouse settings on the computer and it does not
> show that the mouse should have that trail.  We have the mouse set at
> speed #7.

That's probably the strangest error report I've heard so far.  It's
*extremely* uncommon that Enigma behaves this way!

You can try to fix the problem by deleting the enigmarc2.lua file that
lies somewhere in

 C:\Documents and Settings\%WINDOWSUSERNAME%\Application Data

or to try to change your video settings in XP.  If neither works, I'm
stumped...

- Daniel