Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Reordering Enigma level packs.

From: Karen Pouelle
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Re: Reordering Enigma level packs.
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 01:49:04 +0000

On 8/9/05, Ingo Klöcker <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 August 2005 00:13, Andreas Lochmann wrote:
> > |||||PLEASE DO CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE LEVELS IN THIS FILE|||||
>
> Hmm, shouldn't this rather read "Please do NOT change the order [...]"?

Since the project goal is reordering the levels, the file correctly
instructs its viewer to experiment with the ordering - and since the
files I posted are collectively a virtual level pack, reordering those indexes
does not affect the Enigma level packs that come installed.  Only after
a new ordering is chosen and approved should it read as you suggest -
"Please do NOT change the order [...]"

I suspect after enough rating has been done, the reordering will take
place and I'll post the new ordering, probably with a message like
||||PLEASE COMMENT ON THE ORDER OF THE LEVELS IN THIS FILE|||||

One point I'd like to repeat:  even though ordering by skill, some attention to
the order in which items, stones, and flooring is introduced should be given.
It should proceed at least in the earlier levels somewhat like a tutorial might,
introducing simple concepts first, then the more complex stones, items,
flooring and their interactions.

The more feedback, the better.

Karen

PS. And if you're wondering where I've been in the last few weeks,
then "thank you" for missing me - I had to order replacement parts
for my computer to get it working again.