Re: [Enigma-devel] some remarks on 0.90-beta

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] some remarks on 0.90-beta
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:20:05 +0100

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 23:38:36 +0100 Ronald Lamprecht wrote:

> Hi,
> the following remarks refer to the unpatched 0.90beta (windows) version.
> I deleted those topics that I noticed in other mails, but there may
> still be duplicates - please ignore those.

> 3. Marble gets stuck under pull stones
> Ralf wrote
> >I've seen that happen with other moving stones: my marble got "stuck"
> >under the stone and I had to restart or abort.
> >That happens often with swap-stones (e.g. in "U-swap") or pull-stones,
> >but IIRC also sometimes with other stones.
> >Anyone else who has been "stone-stucked"?
> In Enigma2 - level 7 ("Escape?" - ralf14) - my marbles gets always stuck
> under a pull stone, especially if the pull stone is pushed over my
> marble by another stone and if my marbles happens to end up near the
> edge of the pull stone.

I'm not sure what the solution for this problem should be.  Should it be
possible to move the marble out of the pull stone?  Should be marble get
crushed?  Is it a bug in the code and the marbles should in fact never
get stuck in the first place?

> 5. st-break_invisible rebreak behaviour: Enigma2 - level 152 ("Tool
> Time" - barry03) - when a st-break_invisible is made visible and then
> stoke repeatedly with the hammer, the destruction sequence starts over
> and over again. This does not happen with a simple st-break stone.

Fixed

> 6. white marbles in inventory at end of level: f.e. Enigma2 - level 7
> ("Escape?" - ralf14) - when marble is killed or live is given up (F3)
> the remaining black-life-marbles in the inventory are displayed as white
> marbles. This may related to the flag enigma.ConserveLevel=FALSE.

> 7. white marbles in inventory when black ones are dropped in area: f.e.
> Enigma2 - level 131 ("Build Up Speed" - duffy55) - drop both spare
> marbles anywhere on the floor and kill yourself - two white marbels are
> displayed in the inventory and you have to press ESC to restart.

I think these two are fixed

> 8. rounded stones with white edges: f.e. Enigma2 - 19 ("Wells" -
> ant19) - st-door_a - missing transparency on edges.

AFAIK this only happened in 640x480 video mode, and it should be fixed

> 9. glasses in inventory enables both marbles: f.e. Oxyds - 118 ("Magnum
> 100" - ss_mag100) - picking up the glasses with the white marble puts
> the glasses to the white inventory. Nevertheless the black marble is now
> enabled to see the st-death_invisible stones.

I know... it's not perfect, but I won't change it for Enigma 0.90

> 10. time is less expensive: f.e. Enigma2 - 67 ("Time is Money" -
> nat11) - 10 Cent was about 3 sec now about 15 sec

The new time values should be more useful for newly created levels; I
won't revert to the old values, but I updated this particular level to
use a 5 cent coin.

Thanks
Daniel