Re: [Enigma-devel] French translation

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] French translation
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 18:05:53 +0100

> I'm a Enigma-fan like your an Oxyd-fan. I'm actually translatting the
> documentation of Enigma, a tribute of a real good game.
>
> I would put it in html format on my web-site soon.

I hope you have not spent too much time so far; I recently found a link
to an unofficial French translation of the Enigma manual, but I forgot
to link to it from the Enigma home page:

http://www.manuelsdaide.com/Enigma/Enigma.htm

Unfortunately the manual is only available in Window Help (.chm) format.

Really useful would be a translation of the Texinfo document from which
the English html pages were generated.  This would make it possible to
generate both French html and pdf manuals from one document.  But I
don't know whether you are familiar with Texinfo.

Besides, the manual will receive one last round of updates for the
upcoming stable release, so maybe it would be best if you postponed the
translation just a little.

> For the futur, I want to make a french-windows-distribution
> (translatting text into the code) and also a
> mandrake-linux-franch-distribution ;)

I attached the translation file for the in-game text strings to this
email.  If you could translate it, I would be glad to include it in the
next Enigma version.

Cheers,
Daniel