Re: [Enigma-devel] Level previews

From: Markus Laire
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Level previews
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 13:03:03 +0200

address@hidden kirjoitti:
I have Created a few levels for enigma and attempted to play
> them but they have no previwe screen on them and they cant be opened.
> do you have any ideas why?

Did you use BlackBallEd? I wasn't able to play it's levels on 0.81 at all, but with 0.90 they do work - mostly. Some things do not work because BlackBallEd still has few bugs. (I use BlackBallEd 1.05)

In newer enigma-versions, missing preview-images are generated automatically. In older versions you can still play levels, even if preview-images are missing. (BlackBallEd 1.05 can also generate preview-images, but I don't recommend that. In those images you see too much - e.g. the invisible stones, and some other things which you should not see in game.)

P.S. Could you please e-mailme with the 0.90 beta version because i only have
0.81!

You can get 0.90-beta from http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/download.html

If you want newer version than that, you can check out http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/devel.html - there are instructions how to get latest enigma-version source.

(I have latest [self-made] rpm-packet for SuSe 9.1 linux, if someone happens to have exactly the same linux-system.)