Re: [Enigma-devel] Many levels easily solvable by dying

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Many levels easily solvable by dying
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:03:33 +0100

Immanuel Halupczok wrote:

> I realized that many levels can be solved very easily by dying and
> then using the invulnerability of the marble. Many levels use an abyss
> or something like this to prevent the marble e.g. from opening oxyd
> stones directly instead of doing complicated things with lasers or
> something.

Giving a free shield to a marlbe was an idea I implemented shortly
before the last release  It was always meant as a short-term solution;
the current development version tries to find a safe starting point
instead, there will be no "free" invulnerability in the next release.

And yes, I would consider it "cheating" :-)

- Daniel

--
Daniel Heck
http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~dheck/