Re: [Enigma-devel] Make RubberBands

From: Nat Pryce
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Make RubberBands
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:16:47 +0100

From: "Daniel Heck" <address@hidden>
> > GetActor(x,y)
> > doesn't work. why???
>
> Because, in general, accessing actors by coordinates is a bad idea.
> Actors can move.  There can be many actors in one field.  It's just not
> a function that makes much sense during the game.

On the other hand, the inverse of this function would be very useful.  How
hard would it be have a Lua function that returned the coordinates of an
actor? Something like:

    playerx,playery = get_actor_coordinates( black_ball )

I believe Sven would also find this useful for one of the Esprit levels.

Cheers,
            Nat.