Re: [Enigma-devel] Game Name

From: Johannes Fortmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Game Name
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:58:01 +0200

Am Freitag, 10.10.03, um 17:55 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Malcolm Atkinson:

Hi Folks,
Looks like a great start here, but I'm just sending a short note to advise
you of FreeVerse's "ENIGMA" already well into version 2.
How about a combination name like Roxyd?
All the very best,
Malcolm Atkinson

Well, after a short search I found several other games named Enigma, one of them even a mastermind-clone like the one from FreeVerse.
http://www.cascatagames.com/palmgames/enigma.html , mastermind clone
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/enigma/ , puzzle game, "boulderdash and sokoban"
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=2664 , breakout/arkanoid clone
The one that comes out first in the search is http://www.enigma-game.com/ , which seems to be a combat simulator (the site is down for me, though).

It seems to me that "enigma" is totally generic, and as long as nobody asks...

Greetings,
Johannes