Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma bugs

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma bugs
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:59:43 +0100

Johannes Fortmann wrote:

> I have a strange graphical glitch under Mac OS X: when I play enigma
> under 32 bit colour, all actors are surrounded by a bright area of 64
> pixels.
> This area always ends at the tile borders. It seems to have something
> to do with the shadows; if I switch them off (in wizard mode), the
> areas go away. This problem vanishes in 16 bit mode. This is
> especially ugly since enigma seems to prefer 32 bit mode in
> fullscreen, so the only way to get a glitch free view is to use 16-bit
> windowed mode.

This seems to be a strange problem with SDL.  It obviously gets confused
by transparency when blitting between surfaces with different bit
depths.  Enigma's 8bpp mode suffers from similar problems when
displaying the mouse cursor.

I've uploaded a patch to CVS that should fix the problem.  New packages
will follow later today.

Thanks,
Daniel

PS: Johannes, if you'd like to have CVS write access, please tell me.

--
Daniel Heck                             address@hidden
Bergheimerstr. 137