Re: [Enigma-devel] Trouble installing enigma

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Trouble installing enigma
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:11:19 +0100

David Stuart wrote:

> I just downloaded and installed the enigma0.50 rpm, the lua rpm, as
> well as SDL_mixer and SDL_image .. but unfortunately when I run the
> program, I just get this:
>
> address@hidden Downloads]$ enigma
> enigma: relocation error: /usr/lib/liblualib.so: undefined symbol:
> __ctype_b_loc
>
> It looks like a LUA issue but I've downloaded it twice now, just to be
>
> sure. enigma 0.50 on redhat 7.3 just doesn't seem to work for me.
> Anyone else have this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

You are the first one to report problems with Redhat 7.3, but that
doesn't necessarily mean much.  I've heard some others complaint about
the Lua RPM, so that may in fact be the problem.

I'm currently trying to resolve this problem for the upcoming 0.70
release of Enigma.  I hope it will be ready within the next few days,
and this time there will be an up-to-date RPM, so I hope this will
finally enable you to play Enigma.

Cheers,
Daniel

--