Re: [Enigma-devel] Bolder stones not moving

From: Martin Hawlisch
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Bolder stones not moving
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 13:48:56 +0200 (MEST)

Daniel Heck wrote:
> Except for the audio mixer, the game runs in one single thread.
> Reentrancy should not be an issue here.  Maybe you could add the
> following printf() in Game::run and tell me at what values of dtime the
> stones stop moving?
>
>         dtime=(SDL_GetTicks()-last_tick_time)/1000.0;
> >>    printf("%g\n", dtime);

OK, I testet it on the linux version having the Display exportet to a
windows X-Server.
Attached zipfile includes four logfiles.
The first one was record while a cronjob was running in the background
(updatedb). The second one without the cronjob.
Number 3 and 4 have more debugging output.
I added additional printfs to the BolderStone::alarm and the stones stop
moving when alarm is no longer triggered.
So the problem seems to be the timer. (see log4.txt for details)

Hope this helps.

--
Cheers, Martin.

http://www.hawlisch.de