Re: [Enigma-devel] A Feature Request

From: Daniel Heck
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] A Feature Request
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:16:54 +0200

Hi Nat,

> has been installed.  Is there any way to find this out through the
> Enigma Lua API?  Alternatively, how about providing a Lua function to
> load files from the Enigma data directory, wherever it is installed?

There is a way, the "FindDataFile" function.  Here is an example in Lua:

        dofile(enigma.FindDataFile("levels/common.lua"))

A little clumsy but it works.

> Also, would anyone be interested in playtesting my levels and giving
> me some feedback?  If so, get in touch and I'll mail them to you.  Or
> perhaps there could be a work-in-progress directory in the Enigma CVS
> for levels in development.

I don't think there's a need for an extra "work-in-progress" directory;
Essentially all levels in enigma are work in progress...  You have
point, though: There needs to be an easier way to add new levels/level
packs.  Something like "./enigma natlevels" for example.  I will do
something about it later this evening.

Daniel