[Enigma-devel] A Feature Request

From: Nat Pryce
Subject: [Enigma-devel] A Feature Request
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:39:02 +0100

Hi.  I'm writing some levels for Enigma and have a lot of code in common
between levels that would be best extracted into its own module.  However,
using the dofile function to load the module requires the level file to know
where the module is located.  That is, it needs to be aware of where Enigma
has been installed.  Is there any way to find this out through the Enigma
Lua API?  Alternatively, how about providing a Lua function to load files
from the Enigma data directory, wherever it is installed?

Also, would anyone be interested in playtesting my levels and giving me some
feedback?  If so, get in touch and I'll mail them to you.  Or perhaps there
could be a work-in-progress directory in the Enigma CVS for levels in
development.

Regards,
            Nat.

Dr. Nathaniel Pryce
B13media Ltd.
Studio 3a, Aberdeen Business Centre, 22/24 Highbury Grove, London, N5 2EA
http://www.b13media.com